Dinnertime conversations
Mb-Hup,what did your Mom say about you digging out their garden?
Hup-My Dad thinks it will be too wet this weekend. I am thinking of going over there sometime next week for an evening.
Mb-Did you tell your Mom you will be on retreat next weekend?
Hup-No.
Mb-Why?
Hup-I told her I wasn't going to be home. She didn't ask me anything else about it.
Mb-Why didn't you tell her? She would be so happy you are attending a retreat.
Hup shrugs.
Mb-Ok...(the Hup form of communication). I don't get you.
Mb-Boo,please call and tell me things when you are older. Like when you are going on retreat so I know you are still Catholic and love our faith. (glare at Hup)
Hup rolls his eyes and smiles.
Boo-Oh,I should call you and let you know what is happening in my life. Like how my job is going and if my wife has a new baby?
Mb (smiling and nodding)-YES!!!! Please call and let me know all about your job and most definitely call me when your wife has a baby!!
I smile at Hup.
Hup-My Dad thinks it will be too wet this weekend. I am thinking of going over there sometime next week for an evening.
Mb-Did you tell your Mom you will be on retreat next weekend?
Hup-No.
Mb-Why?
Hup-I told her I wasn't going to be home. She didn't ask me anything else about it.
Mb-Why didn't you tell her? She would be so happy you are attending a retreat.
Hup shrugs.
Mb-Ok...(the Hup form of communication). I don't get you.
Mb-Boo,please call and tell me things when you are older. Like when you are going on retreat so I know you are still Catholic and love our faith. (glare at Hup)
Hup rolls his eyes and smiles.
Boo-Oh,I should call you and let you know what is happening in my life. Like how my job is going and if my wife has a new baby?
Mb (smiling and nodding)-YES!!!! Please call and let me know all about your job and most definitely call me when your wife has a baby!!
I smile at Hup.
Labels: Family

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home