Shop til you drop
I have to admit to having quite a bit of my Grandmother in me. I do like a good shopping expedition now and then to put the mundane in life on hold and buy something fabulous to spruce "things" up a bit.
Today I ventured out in my bright red coat to shop for Twinkle. My dearest friend, Diana, picked me up and whisked me away on a shopping adventure I have been waiting for my entire life. I went shopping for things for my daughter. Sigh...blissful!
I am such a "pink girl" so having my own little girl to fuss over is such a joy for me. I dearly love my Boo but let's face it....I can't be too enthused over the 1000 dino t-shirt which hits my washing machine. I did dearly love his little baby outfits and do cry whenever I see his alligator t-shirt which he proudly wore almost everyday the summer he turned four.
It is just the shopping for little girls! Be still my heart. Be still Hup's heart when he gets the bills.
I had my list of essentials and purchased all of them. I drooled over the dresses and capri pants with matching hats. Oh, I can't wait. I can't wait. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I did put down the flowered dress with the pink ribbon, the strawberry covered bathing suit, the pink bath towel which said Mommy's Little Princess and the cream and lavendar capri pants with matching top.
Diana suprised me by insisting I purchase a new diaper bag for myself. I did. Hup said I was beaming when I arrived home. The bag is too cute. (black with just a hint of pink)
Grandma is rapidly buying every cute outfit in Chicago she finds, Aunt Carol has bins of adorable clothes to pass on to Twinkle and let's not forgot Aunt Jeananne known for her good taste and generousity who has already stated her intention to dress Twinkle in style.
I am happy to report Twinkle and myself will have much to smile about in the months ahead.
Hup,well,he does like his girls to be happy.
He will get use to a lighter wallet. Won't he?
Today I ventured out in my bright red coat to shop for Twinkle. My dearest friend, Diana, picked me up and whisked me away on a shopping adventure I have been waiting for my entire life. I went shopping for things for my daughter. Sigh...blissful!
I am such a "pink girl" so having my own little girl to fuss over is such a joy for me. I dearly love my Boo but let's face it....I can't be too enthused over the 1000 dino t-shirt which hits my washing machine. I did dearly love his little baby outfits and do cry whenever I see his alligator t-shirt which he proudly wore almost everyday the summer he turned four.
It is just the shopping for little girls! Be still my heart. Be still Hup's heart when he gets the bills.
I had my list of essentials and purchased all of them. I drooled over the dresses and capri pants with matching hats. Oh, I can't wait. I can't wait. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I did put down the flowered dress with the pink ribbon, the strawberry covered bathing suit, the pink bath towel which said Mommy's Little Princess and the cream and lavendar capri pants with matching top.
Diana suprised me by insisting I purchase a new diaper bag for myself. I did. Hup said I was beaming when I arrived home. The bag is too cute. (black with just a hint of pink)
Grandma is rapidly buying every cute outfit in Chicago she finds, Aunt Carol has bins of adorable clothes to pass on to Twinkle and let's not forgot Aunt Jeananne known for her good taste and generousity who has already stated her intention to dress Twinkle in style.
I am happy to report Twinkle and myself will have much to smile about in the months ahead.
Hup,well,he does like his girls to be happy.
He will get use to a lighter wallet. Won't he?
Labels: Twinkle

6 Comments:
The Litchfield / Raymond clan need sizes, needs, etc. We LOVE baby shopping and want to see all of you soon!
By
Anonymous, at 9:40 PM
Oh,we shall be down asap when Twinkle gets home. We already are planning it. :)
By
Mb, at 11:49 PM
Too funny!
By
Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 11:17 PM
Two words: Hanna Andersson.
You will love it!
Glad you had fun shopping for that dear one!
By
Alice Gunther, at 11:55 PM
That must've been so much fun!!! She's going to look beautiful in anything she wears : )
By
Anonymous, at 1:53 PM
Oh,thank you all! I did have such a wonderful day. :)
By
Mb, at 9:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home