Marriage Meme
I was tagged a few weeks back by my friend,the lovely and sweet Ruth. So here goes...
Where/How did you meet? Hup went to high school with one of my older brothers. We met at a party and then two years later at a bar. We have been together every since the night at Brixes. Also, I had prayed two months prior at the tomb of St. Clare in Assisi for a Catholic husband. St. Clare interceded b/c Hup's middle name is Francis. :)
How long have you known each other? We really have "known" each other for about 13 years. Hup will dispute this answer.
How long after you met did you start dating? We met in the bar on 12.30.93 and our first date was 1.7.94. It would have been earlier, but I had friends come in to visit. We had many discussions about Hup and if he liked me. :)
How long did you date before you were engaged? I was still in college at FUS when we began dating. We dated two years and five months before Hup proposed. I knew the night at the bar we were getting married!!!! :)
How long was your engagement? 5.25.96 ~ 4.5.97
How long have you been married? 1o years today!!!!
What is your anniversary? 4.5.97
How many people came to your wedding? 350~we are blessed with big families
What kind of cake did you serve? The traditional tiered cake with flowers on the sides. Our topping was a cross with rings on it...it hangs in the hallway outside our bedroom. I worked for ten years at the bakery our cake was from, so it was very special to me to finally after taking hundreds of orders for wedding cakes to have my own cake!!!!!
Where was your wedding? St. John of the Cross Church, Western Springs, IL
What did you serve for your meal? Honestly, I paid for it and can't remember...chicken,soup,and caesar salad and ?!?!
How many people were in your wedding party? 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen and 3 ushers..if I had to do it all over again..I wouldn't listen to anyone and would have had junior bridesmaids,flower girls and ringbearers...I love kids and didn't follow my heart on this matter...big regret
Are you still friends with them all? One bridesmaid and one groomsmen we have lost touch with over the years.
Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No!! He hates to be the center of attention.
Most special moment of your wedding day? All of it! Really it was a perfect day....God blessed me so much I am still humbled by it.
Any funny moments? I lost my shoes. I had packed and dropped off all my stuff/junk at Hup's house during the week before the wedding. I accidentally packed my wedding shoes in my piles of junk. Hup had to dig through the boxes with the best man and find them. Poor Hup! I caused problems before the ceremony began.
I had to duck into the men's room after getting to the church b/c Hup was in the hallway taking pre-wedding photos!!!!!
My Mom invited many people back to the house after the reception, and they stayed until 5 am. My brother served wine in my new wine glasses before they were washed...nobody noticed. Somehow a baby bunny got into the house and hid in the stacks of my presents and my Dad had to catch the next morning with oven mitts and carry it outside.
Any big disasters? I guess the shoes should have gone here.
Where did you go on your honeymoon? Lake Geneva, WI
How long were you gone? One week
If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Have more children involved...guess I answered this before too.
What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right side
What size is your bed? Queen
Greatest strength as a couple? Faith and laughing
Greatest challenge as a couple? Communicating about the ordinary/mundane details on life
Who literally pays the bills? Hup earns it/I spend it/Hup pays the bills
What is your song? "I Will Be There" by Steven Curtis Chapman
What did you dance your first dance to? "I Will Be There" by Steven Curtis Chapman
Describe your wedding dress: Short-sleeve,beaded on top,fitted and oh,my waist was soooo tiny back then!!!!
What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? White and pale pink flowers
Are your wedding bands engraved? No,my ring size is a 3 1/2. It is too small to engrave.
How old were you when you got married? One of us was 24 and one was 32...you guess!
Where/How did you meet? Hup went to high school with one of my older brothers. We met at a party and then two years later at a bar. We have been together every since the night at Brixes. Also, I had prayed two months prior at the tomb of St. Clare in Assisi for a Catholic husband. St. Clare interceded b/c Hup's middle name is Francis. :)
How long have you known each other? We really have "known" each other for about 13 years. Hup will dispute this answer.
How long after you met did you start dating? We met in the bar on 12.30.93 and our first date was 1.7.94. It would have been earlier, but I had friends come in to visit. We had many discussions about Hup and if he liked me. :)
How long did you date before you were engaged? I was still in college at FUS when we began dating. We dated two years and five months before Hup proposed. I knew the night at the bar we were getting married!!!! :)
How long was your engagement? 5.25.96 ~ 4.5.97
How long have you been married? 1o years today!!!!
What is your anniversary? 4.5.97
How many people came to your wedding? 350~we are blessed with big families
What kind of cake did you serve? The traditional tiered cake with flowers on the sides. Our topping was a cross with rings on it...it hangs in the hallway outside our bedroom. I worked for ten years at the bakery our cake was from, so it was very special to me to finally after taking hundreds of orders for wedding cakes to have my own cake!!!!!
Where was your wedding? St. John of the Cross Church, Western Springs, IL
What did you serve for your meal? Honestly, I paid for it and can't remember...chicken,soup,and caesar salad and ?!?!
How many people were in your wedding party? 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen and 3 ushers..if I had to do it all over again..I wouldn't listen to anyone and would have had junior bridesmaids,flower girls and ringbearers...I love kids and didn't follow my heart on this matter...big regret
Are you still friends with them all? One bridesmaid and one groomsmen we have lost touch with over the years.
Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No!! He hates to be the center of attention.
Most special moment of your wedding day? All of it! Really it was a perfect day....God blessed me so much I am still humbled by it.
Any funny moments? I lost my shoes. I had packed and dropped off all my stuff/junk at Hup's house during the week before the wedding. I accidentally packed my wedding shoes in my piles of junk. Hup had to dig through the boxes with the best man and find them. Poor Hup! I caused problems before the ceremony began.
I had to duck into the men's room after getting to the church b/c Hup was in the hallway taking pre-wedding photos!!!!!
My Mom invited many people back to the house after the reception, and they stayed until 5 am. My brother served wine in my new wine glasses before they were washed...nobody noticed. Somehow a baby bunny got into the house and hid in the stacks of my presents and my Dad had to catch the next morning with oven mitts and carry it outside.
Any big disasters? I guess the shoes should have gone here.
Where did you go on your honeymoon? Lake Geneva, WI
How long were you gone? One week
If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Have more children involved...guess I answered this before too.
What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right side
What size is your bed? Queen
Greatest strength as a couple? Faith and laughing
Greatest challenge as a couple? Communicating about the ordinary/mundane details on life
Who literally pays the bills? Hup earns it/I spend it/Hup pays the bills
What is your song? "I Will Be There" by Steven Curtis Chapman
What did you dance your first dance to? "I Will Be There" by Steven Curtis Chapman
Describe your wedding dress: Short-sleeve,beaded on top,fitted and oh,my waist was soooo tiny back then!!!!
What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? White and pale pink flowers
Are your wedding bands engraved? No,my ring size is a 3 1/2. It is too small to engrave.
How old were you when you got married? One of us was 24 and one was 32...you guess!

4 Comments:
So sweet! Happy anniversary!
By
Anonymous, at 9:40 PM
God's blessings, Mr. & Mrs. Oatmeal!
By
Anonymous, at 1:48 PM
Thank you! Thank you! We had a lovely day celebrating! :)
By
Mb, at 7:25 PM
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a lovely wedding. You are very blessed indeed!!!
You are so funny. I wish I could steal some of your answers : )
By
Anonymous, at 9:19 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home