Held Together

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Boy names

I have been asked to list all the boy names we are thinking about for Baby Held. I guess it could be premature since our adoption paperwork is yet to be completed. Then I was thinking the person was so cute when they asked me and really haven't I been picking out names for my babies since I was four years old?!?!?

Names circa 1980s
Andrew-boy
Christopher-boy
Brooke-girl after Brooke Shields who I am now currently mad at in 2006!
Laura Elizabeth-after Laura Ingalls Wilder

Boy names 2006
Seth-everyone is hateful about this name which I think is very cute
Patrick-too Irish for Hup
Christopher-already in the family
John Paul- both names taken in the family
Benedict-even before Pope Benedict I wanted the name :)
Xavier-the only person who Hup new with this name was murdered!!! :(
Brendon-too Irish and very popular with friends in 2006
Augustine-Hup never gave me a reason why this was a no
Adam-my sister said no
Walter-it is my Gramps name-yes, it is old fashion-but hey my Gramps was trendy in life
Ethan-Hup said no and again no explanation

So, I am seeing a pattern. I like a name and someone who shall not be named (HUP) says no and gives no reason. I mean really has this person (HUP) been thinking and planning his family since he was four? I think not. He doesn' t even remember the moon landing when he was four!!!!
I remember being four and wanting a doll for Christmas. Oh, those were the days when I could name my own doll. Probably if I knew someone (HUP) he would have insisted on having a say. That person is very bossy about names (HUP).

I bet you can guess what happened on the name front? Hup got to choose. Boy and girl names.
And I don't get Seth? sigh...or Patrick.

3 Comments:

  • I like Seth, Brendon and Laura.
    This probably shouldn't be a blog decision, though. 8-)

    (Not to rain on your parade, Marybeth, but biblically the husband chooses the name.)

    Be careful, Cousin Oatmeal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 PM  

  • We like Dominic and Xavier - Maximillian is awesome, too! Gregory...I know we're weird, but I like Cruz...for the Holy Cross.

    For girls, I like Nina...

    By Blogger Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 3:38 PM  

  • I totally forgot to say that Dominic and Maximillan were on the list when we thought Boo could be twins. For some reason, I don't like Max anymore..too many dogs named it????

    Where does it say that in the Bible? Very interesting! I know in many cultures the husband chooses the name.

    Oh, by the way Miss Alexis...the girl is name will be after a Beeler woman. :)

    By Blogger Mb, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home