What has happened?
Why are young girls so unhappy? Why are drugs, sex and self mutilation the worries of school counselors and parents today? I thought the 60s and 70s were suppose to be ushering in a new era of woman. Strong, confident, secure, self sufficient, bold, smart
I don't think it worked. I think feminists hurt woman in their strident views on having us become more like males instead of embracing the uniquenss of being female.
I see it in my family. They ask me about Boo and Hup. They never inquire about my interests or hobbies. I don't work. I homeschool Boo. I am still Catholic. I often wonder if somehow my life makes them uncomfortable. I listen to them and ask questions. I spend a large portion of my yearly family reunion listening or eating. Never really talking or having people get to know the real me. Maybe this year I will be more confident about myself and my life.
I am a Catholic homeschooling mom hear me roar!
I don't think it worked. I think feminists hurt woman in their strident views on having us become more like males instead of embracing the uniquenss of being female.
I see it in my family. They ask me about Boo and Hup. They never inquire about my interests or hobbies. I don't work. I homeschool Boo. I am still Catholic. I often wonder if somehow my life makes them uncomfortable. I listen to them and ask questions. I spend a large portion of my yearly family reunion listening or eating. Never really talking or having people get to know the real me. Maybe this year I will be more confident about myself and my life.
I am a Catholic homeschooling mom hear me roar!

1 Comments:
Yes, Mb, this is exactly why girls today are so unhappy.
I am very glad to hear you roar--please keep it up!
By
Alice Gunther, at 12:15 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home