Our prayer intentions
We started two novenas today. Both novenas have the same intention~may our baby be born safe and healthy. May we be granted a child through God's holy will. There was some news last weekend regarding adoptions in Guatemala. Of course, the news seemed dire and the fallout was much upset and biting words between Hup and myself. I was the one saying the biting words. Anyone who knows Hup will relate...he doesn't talk much so biting words aren't really his way. I tend to lash out when hurt and oh, hurting I was after the news broadcast.
I finally had allowed myself some hope and happiness regarding this adoption. I was talking about baby names and time frames...oh...huge mistake...huge lack in judgement. Have I not learned? No talking about the adoption!!!! Keep quiet and keep smiling. Blah! I just wanted to be like any other expectant mother and chat about the future (meaning when the new baby is home and with us). I have to except my reality. I am not like every other expectant mother.
So, what to do? I need to come out of myself and our adoption woes. I need to remember to offer this cross to Our Lord and Our Lady. May they take my pain and use it to bless others. I especially ask for healing and comfort for those homeschooling families who have lost their mothers this past year, those mothers who have lost children, and especially for one family whose son would have celebrated his first birthday this Saturday.
May God have mercy on us all.
Blessed Mother, pray for us.
I finally had allowed myself some hope and happiness regarding this adoption. I was talking about baby names and time frames...oh...huge mistake...huge lack in judgement. Have I not learned? No talking about the adoption!!!! Keep quiet and keep smiling. Blah! I just wanted to be like any other expectant mother and chat about the future (meaning when the new baby is home and with us). I have to except my reality. I am not like every other expectant mother.
So, what to do? I need to come out of myself and our adoption woes. I need to remember to offer this cross to Our Lord and Our Lady. May they take my pain and use it to bless others. I especially ask for healing and comfort for those homeschooling families who have lost their mothers this past year, those mothers who have lost children, and especially for one family whose son would have celebrated his first birthday this Saturday.
May God have mercy on us all.
Blessed Mother, pray for us.

1 Comments:
Thank you both for your prayers. They mean so very much to our family.
By
Mb, at 11:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home