Held Together

Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent ponderings

This week I get to take a break on two nights for Advent reflections. It will be two evenings devoted to prayer and quiet. I am greatly looking forward to some time spent in peace during the whirlwind the month of December brings each year. I love Christmas! I just don't want to be so busy it passes by without our family slowly down a bit and savoring the birthday of Our Lord.

We are enjoying lighting our Advent wreath and saying prayers. We are reading a book by Thomas Merton with Advent reflections before bed each evening (just Hup and I). Boo is very interested in the prophets and what they are telling each morning when opening the advent calendar.

St. Barbara, pray for us. Her feast day was removed in the 1960s. We have her statue in Boo's room b/c it was our parish when he was born and baptized. It was in this church they minstered to us as a young married couple, and rejoiced with us as Boo came home and was baptized.

Advent...it is a beautiful time.

4 Comments:

  • We like to remember St Barbara, too. There is a traditon that the weather on the feast of St Barbara mirrors the weather of Christmas Day. We like to check and compare each year! Hppy Advent.

    By Blogger Leonie, at 1:07 AM  

  • Well, we are in for snow and cold on Christmas Day here in Chicago. Thanks for tipping me off to this idea! :)

    By Blogger Mb, at 6:39 PM  

  • Mb,

    Have you ever written down Boo's entire adoption story into one piece?

    It really sounds like an amazing and beautiful adventure. I bet it would help a lot of people.

    I don't know much about St. Barbara. Neat that Boo has her statue!

    By Blogger Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 6:40 PM  

  • Yes, Mrs. Ladybugs I have written it down in one piece. :)
    I was actually interviewed once upon a time for a magazine regarding our adoption journey.
    Maybe one day I will post it. I would have to be purge and find it! LOL

    By Blogger Mb, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home