Nativity Movie
Our youth group had a fundraiser this past Sunday in which you could buy a slightly elevated ticket price for the movie...The Nativity.
I took my parents, niece and nephew. My parents graciously bought the popcorn and drinks!
The cinematography was breathtaking. I thought the director did an amazing job using the elements of foreshadowing. One of my all time favorite actors, Ciraran Hinds, played King Herod. I didn't think the scenes with the Holy Innocents was too graphic. It could have been much much worse. I did cover my niece's eyes b/c it would be very disturbing to a young child. There is a scene in which a Jewish man from Nazareth can't pay his taxes and so his daughter is ripped from her mother's arms. Again, covered my niece's eyes...the scene was cruel and frightening...which is exactly how the Jews lived. You could see and feel the oppression and why the Messiah was so needed!
The actor who portrayed St. Joseph was excellent. He carried many scenes. You could feel his confusion, sorrow, worry and doubt. You could also fall in love with him and thank God for giving Jesus such a man to be his foster father. His strength and willingness to follow the angel's message was not easy...but he did it...as example to us all on listening and doing what God asks.
The movies was pro-God, pro-family and pro-life. I can't wait for Hup to see it.
My favorite scenes were Mary and Elizabeth, Joseph and Mary traveling, the birth of Jesus and those who come to adore him. Of course, Herod was just so evil...and a great actor!
We had a discussion in the car on the ride home about how Mary would not have been rebellious since rebellion is born from sin. Also, we discussed the Church's teaching regarding Mary having a pain free birth and her purity.
Hup wants to purchase the movie when it comes out on DVD. We want Boo to see it probably not this year but sometime in the future.
I took my parents, niece and nephew. My parents graciously bought the popcorn and drinks!
The cinematography was breathtaking. I thought the director did an amazing job using the elements of foreshadowing. One of my all time favorite actors, Ciraran Hinds, played King Herod. I didn't think the scenes with the Holy Innocents was too graphic. It could have been much much worse. I did cover my niece's eyes b/c it would be very disturbing to a young child. There is a scene in which a Jewish man from Nazareth can't pay his taxes and so his daughter is ripped from her mother's arms. Again, covered my niece's eyes...the scene was cruel and frightening...which is exactly how the Jews lived. You could see and feel the oppression and why the Messiah was so needed!
The actor who portrayed St. Joseph was excellent. He carried many scenes. You could feel his confusion, sorrow, worry and doubt. You could also fall in love with him and thank God for giving Jesus such a man to be his foster father. His strength and willingness to follow the angel's message was not easy...but he did it...as example to us all on listening and doing what God asks.
The movies was pro-God, pro-family and pro-life. I can't wait for Hup to see it.
My favorite scenes were Mary and Elizabeth, Joseph and Mary traveling, the birth of Jesus and those who come to adore him. Of course, Herod was just so evil...and a great actor!
We had a discussion in the car on the ride home about how Mary would not have been rebellious since rebellion is born from sin. Also, we discussed the Church's teaching regarding Mary having a pain free birth and her purity.
Hup wants to purchase the movie when it comes out on DVD. We want Boo to see it probably not this year but sometime in the future.

3 Comments:
Hup wants to purchase the movie when it comes out on DVD.
Purchase it? Are you sure I didn't say borrow it from the library?
By
Anonymous, at 1:29 AM
Ha Ha
Ok...very nice...I will purchase it!
LOL!
By
Mb, at 8:10 PM
Oh, go ahead and purchase it! We plan to, too. :-)
Love,
Karen E.
By
Anonymous, at 7:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home