Held Together

Thursday, December 14, 2006

St. John of the Cross

If you do not learn to deny yourself, you can make no progress in perfection.

St. John of the Cross
Mystic and Doctor of the Church

This saint has a special place in my heart. My childhood parish is named for him. I made my First Holy Communion and Confirmation there. At this church, I walked down the (very long) aisle to Hup and became his wife. The last sacrament I attended there was this past June as my godson,Col Doll, was baptized.

My parents and my sister's family are parishoners still. Many prayers have been offered in this church for my family. Thank you St. John of the Cross for your constant intercession for my loved ones.

St. John of the Cross, pray for us.

3 Comments:

  • Mb,

    St. John of the Cross is one of my favorites, too!

    I love that your parish growing up was named for him!

    St. Maximilian Kolbe is another favorite of mine, but I digress!

    Happy, Happy Feast Day!

    By Blogger Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 9:59 AM  

  • Ladybugs,

    St. Maximilian Kolbe is one of my all time favorite saints! I remember hearing about him for the first time in 4th grade. When we were in Poland we visited Auschwitz and his cell. Very moving! His national shrine is not to far from us. We prayed for Baby # 2 there and St. Maximilian interceded for a miracle...I will have to tell you the story sometime. :)

    By Blogger Mb, at 1:40 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Mb, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home