Held Together

Monday, October 16, 2006

Tiolet paper

We are running dangerously low on toilet paper to quote Hup. Yikes..I guess we are heading out for a few much needed supplies tomorrow.
When are we going to school? This is why homeschooling is so much fun...you can school in the car, in the store, in the checkout line and while you put your supplies away you can keep up a steady stream of conversation about well...anything.
Today we saw an amazing acrobat troop from Africa. Most of the Moms were rushing home afterwards to do formal school lessons. I felt no need. We had an engaging time and learned about another culture. It made me a bit anxious though to go against the tide of mothers discussing phonics, science, reading, handwriting, etc. for the afternoon.

Here is the breakdown of the rest of our day....

We drove home talking about the performance.
Boo played with toys and Pup when we got home.
I went to the store (food shopping only hence no toilet paper in our back up spots).
Hup and I made our lunch.
We listened to a story on CD about St. Thomas Aquinas while Boo ate his lunch.
We completed some pages in a math workbook.
Boo made patterns for me to find and finish.
We read 3 chapters of our current read aloud.
Boo took a long bath.
Boo then "read through" many books on the couch.
I read aloud many stories from the 20th Century Children's Treasury.
We went to religious education class from 5:45 -8:45.
We prayed the rest of the rosary begun in class. We say one decade each class time.
Hup read stories to Boo before bed.

I think our day is just enough balance between fun, play, work and religion for a kindergartener.

I need to stop comparing our homeschool days to other people.

2 Comments:

  • Your day sounds fabulous! What a wonderful learning lifestyle! Keep up the good work Mom!

    By Blogger Genevieve, at 6:32 AM  

  • Thank you,Genvieve! This compliment means the world to me coming for you.

    By Blogger Mb, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home