Adoption Update
We finally were able to get fingerprinted today. Thank you God!!! I didn't blog about our last week's frustration b/c I didn't want to swear and have a tantrum on my blog. We were able to be fingerprinted and all our paperwork completed for the visa in about 20 minutes this afternoon.
Of course, all things being CRAZY in my life, my left thumb had to be redone about 5 times plus massaged with lotion because it was so dry. Who knew? I guess I shouldn't wash anymore dishes so my hands can get the pampering they deserve. HA
The woman fingerprinted me asked some questions about the adoption and checked out Boo who was engaged in drawing with Hup's palm pilot. She was very complimentary of Boo (warmed my heart)!! She then proceeds to tell me after discussing how we don't know about our baby (meaning the sex or when we go to Guatemala) that she has two children and got fixed.
Hello....got fixed???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Why tell me???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Does she not get the fact I am ADOPTING A CHILD BECAUSE I CAN'T BIOLOGICALLY HAVE CHILDREN AND HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH ADOPTION HOOPS WHICH WEAR ME DOWN AND SHE MAKES HERSELF STERILE?????????????????????????????????
I, of course, say none of this and just stand there. She has a beautiful mediallion around her neck of the Blessed Mother. So sad.
Then she tells me her son begs her to have more children. Even sadder.
I'm happy Boo prayed for siblings at adoration, that he asks for stories about my siblings and Hups and he understands how precious it is to have a playmate, a friend, a companion--a brother or a sister.
Thanks Mom and Dad for all those brothers and sisters....our treasures...our friends...12 between Hup and I...as for the getting fixed part if either of our parents chose that route neither Hup nor I would be here today...see we are # 8 and #4 babies of our parents
Of course, all things being CRAZY in my life, my left thumb had to be redone about 5 times plus massaged with lotion because it was so dry. Who knew? I guess I shouldn't wash anymore dishes so my hands can get the pampering they deserve. HA
The woman fingerprinted me asked some questions about the adoption and checked out Boo who was engaged in drawing with Hup's palm pilot. She was very complimentary of Boo (warmed my heart)!! She then proceeds to tell me after discussing how we don't know about our baby (meaning the sex or when we go to Guatemala) that she has two children and got fixed.
Hello....got fixed???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Why tell me???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Does she not get the fact I am ADOPTING A CHILD BECAUSE I CAN'T BIOLOGICALLY HAVE CHILDREN AND HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH ADOPTION HOOPS WHICH WEAR ME DOWN AND SHE MAKES HERSELF STERILE?????????????????????????????????
I, of course, say none of this and just stand there. She has a beautiful mediallion around her neck of the Blessed Mother. So sad.
Then she tells me her son begs her to have more children. Even sadder.
I'm happy Boo prayed for siblings at adoration, that he asks for stories about my siblings and Hups and he understands how precious it is to have a playmate, a friend, a companion--a brother or a sister.
Thanks Mom and Dad for all those brothers and sisters....our treasures...our friends...12 between Hup and I...as for the getting fixed part if either of our parents chose that route neither Hup nor I would be here today...see we are # 8 and #4 babies of our parents

2 Comments:
That truly is sad. How can someone throw such a sublime gift away?
*******
I am praying for you as you await this new little one. May everything go smoothly and quickly.
By
Alice Gunther, at 1:10 AM
Me, too, Mb...
Let's pray for the woman in your story, too. :-(
By
Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 1:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home