Held Together

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pledge of Allegiance

Boo is learning the Pledge of Allegiance this year. It is not enough he know the words. I want him to understand the meaning of the pledge. We have several books we have read, we talk about the words, he recites, we talk about the United States and our system of government.
This summer he was very interested in talking about China and Communism. As my Dad has always told me, Communism on paper looks promising although in reality any godless society will fail. It can't thrive without Christ and His commandments of love.
What then is there to do about North Korea? The situation is scary as hell. I am anxious. Do I trust the words of three poor,illiterate shepherd children from a tiny hillside town in Portugal? I must. I have faith in the promises of Christ and His Mother to these three children. Pray the rosary for peace. Pray for changes in mens hearts. Today I pray for North and South Korea. May God have mercy on us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home