Held Together

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Coming Home

I gave a talk tonight at a local moms group in the area on the subject of homeschooling. I am by know means an expert on homeschooling. I am just someone who is passionate about children learning in the best possible enviroment. Be it public, private or homeschooling what caters best to our children and our family.

I arrived home to a happy chorus of "Mom! Mom! Mom's home!" I guess my absence is noted even in the midst of walking the dog, wrestling and getting to stay up way past one's bedtime.

I am very reflective lately on the great gift Boo is to us and how much his little soul is in our care. We are coming up on the anniversary of when we met him in Guatemala. In adoption circles this is commonly known as "Gotcha Day". That phrase leaves me feeling like a game of tag is happening not the beginning of a family. We call it "Family Day".
It is a birthday of sorts for our family. One knock, one door opened, two parents in love in an instant...

My cyberfriend miscarried today. I can hardly bear to think of such a sweet and gentle woman in pain. She is a wonderful example to me of how a mother is and should be in regards to openness to life and caring for children.

May she feel God's love today.

And may she one day hear the sweet voice call out "Mom's home! Mom's home!" Indeed she will be home with her child in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home