Held Together

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yell,bell,well,smell,fell....

Yes, we are deeply in the midst of pre-reading activities. It has been "one of those weeks" you hear about at the homeschooling meetings. Late starting times, yawning, goofing around during lessons, not wanting to focus,etc. etc. What is the homeschooling Mom to do? I really don't know. I yelled and stomped today. Very ugly behavior from a former teacher...I should know better. I do know better. I can do better.
I took a much needed time out to check my email and regroup. Boo came down shortly to see me. He climbed on my lap and kissed my cheeks. He kissed and hugged me. Me..the orge..I was kissed and forgiven. Humbled and touched...I think the lessons of rhyming,opposites,skip counting and addition pale in comparsion to the lessons of forgiveness.

Forgiveness and willingness to move on from an ugly moment...to walk back into the light and love of our family. I think school is finished for today. I really learned my lesson.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry you had a bad day, Mrs. Oatmeal.

    Lamentations 3:22-23
    "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home