Held Together

Monday, January 22, 2007

Superbowl Shuffle

It is time to break out my dancing shoes. The Superbowl Shuffle is upon the Chicago Bears for a second time in my life. Why does this news make me ache for my Gramps? I hope he gets a front row seat from Heaven. At least he saw their 1986 victory. :)

I remember blasting the Superbowl Shuffle at lunchtime everyday in Jan. of my 8th grade year. Tim Creed was doing the moonwalk and knocked over a 6 ft. tall statue of Mary. Gulp! We were so nervous to tell Sr. Mary when she came back from the teacher's lounge after lunch. She was relieved no one was hurt and glad we told the truth. Aw, memories...

Peyton Manning is my favorite QB in the NFL, but the Chicago Bears are in the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the time, I can't in good conscience root for him...plus Hup would go ballistic.

Time to plan our orange and blue outfits, the snacks and get my shoes warmed up for some dancing!

"We are the Bears, shuffling crew, shuffling down, doing it for you. We're so bad you know we're good...."

4 Comments:

  • I remember the bears back when Walter Payton played for them and Jim McMahon...

    I was a Houston Oiler girl when they had their big rivalry against the Steelers....

    We'll be thinking about you on SuperBowl Sunday!

    By Blogger Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 10:25 PM  

  • Oh I have fun memories of the fridge and that song too! :)

    By Blogger TheNormalMiddle, at 3:22 PM  

  • Ah, Sweetness and the Punky QB! I am trying to get my girlfriend pregnant with her sixth to at least try on her Superbowl shirt from '86! LOL!
    I don't know who are more excited to kids or adults!

    By Blogger Mb, at 8:23 AM  

  • Atticus LOVES the Bears. He's a happy man. :-)

    -- Kren E.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home