Held Together

Sunday, November 19, 2006

A treat for me

Today at Mass Father introduced three sisters from the order of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist from Ann Arbor,Michigan.

We missed their vocation talk last year because of being out of town. Sr. John Paul spoke on the start of their order and their charism within the church. Sr. Katherine Marie spoke on her journey to know her vocation and how she found these sisters. Such miracles happened!

Afterwards Father asked us if we would like him to seek permission from the Reverend Mother about having some of the sisters help our parish when their formation is finished. I led the clapping overcome with excitement. What a wonderful blessing for our parish if permission is granted!!

I went to the table to pick up some literature about the development project. They have 72 sisters and not enough room to house them. Oh, what a beautiful problem to have in this day and age! Who says voactions are dwindling? Not in Ann Arbor!
At the table stood Carrie O'Reilly...now Sr. Elizabeth Ann. How wonderful! She showed me the brochure from the order and 10 of the woman are from my college. I knew I had recognized Sr. John Paul as someone whom I had stood beside for several college years brushing my teeth at night. :)

What a great day--seeing familiar faces from a time in which Hup and Boo were just a dream in my heart. Seeing these sisters so joyful and full of love for their spouse, Jesus, it was easy to see Our Lord's hand guiding us to our vocations.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home