The holidays
The holidays...they conjure up many images for many different people. The one image most thought of during the holidays are children. When one is unable to conceive a child this time of year brings with it unbearable pain.
Will I ever be a parent? Will I ever share these special days with my own child? How is my spouse? How is his pain? Will he ever be the loving and wonderful father I know he could be given the chance?
People tip toe around you. Life is awkward.
These were my holidays in 1997, worse in 1998 and crushing in 1999.
Hup and I decided to spend New Years Eve in adoration. We rang in the new millenium with Our Lord. His birth heralded the coming of a new age so it seemed very fitting to be with Him to ring in 2000 A.D.
We started Boo's adoption paperwork on December 27,1999 and became a family on November 6,2000. My prayer after hearing Boo was born was that he please come home for the holidays. I couldn't image being apart from him for Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas and New Years Day.
God is so good. He came home for almost all our family November birthdays and in plenty of time for Thanksgiving. What a year!
2000 years after Christ came into the world, He sent another baby boy to heal and show His love to a young couple. Christ helped us bear our cross when His own was made by our transgressions. I am humbled and in awe of His mercy and love for Hup and myself. I have such gratitude and love...thank you my dear Jesus...thank you. May Hup and I always be like the leper who came back and said thank you...may we never forgot how much you blessed us.
Will I ever be a parent? Will I ever share these special days with my own child? How is my spouse? How is his pain? Will he ever be the loving and wonderful father I know he could be given the chance?
People tip toe around you. Life is awkward.
These were my holidays in 1997, worse in 1998 and crushing in 1999.
Hup and I decided to spend New Years Eve in adoration. We rang in the new millenium with Our Lord. His birth heralded the coming of a new age so it seemed very fitting to be with Him to ring in 2000 A.D.
We started Boo's adoption paperwork on December 27,1999 and became a family on November 6,2000. My prayer after hearing Boo was born was that he please come home for the holidays. I couldn't image being apart from him for Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas and New Years Day.
God is so good. He came home for almost all our family November birthdays and in plenty of time for Thanksgiving. What a year!
2000 years after Christ came into the world, He sent another baby boy to heal and show His love to a young couple. Christ helped us bear our cross when His own was made by our transgressions. I am humbled and in awe of His mercy and love for Hup and myself. I have such gratitude and love...thank you my dear Jesus...thank you. May Hup and I always be like the leper who came back and said thank you...may we never forgot how much you blessed us.

2 Comments:
>Hup and I decided to spend New Years Eve in >adoration. We rang in the new millenium with Our >Lord. His birth heralded the coming of a new age so >it seemed very fitting to be with Him to ring in 2000 >A.D.
Mb, I so love your posts about Boo and adoption. God has richly rewarded your faithfulness!
By
Alice Gunther, at 10:11 PM
Beautiful, MB!
I love the idea of spending New Year's Eve in Adoration.
Awesome!
By
Ladybug Mommy Maria, at 9:53 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home