Held Together

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I'm it!

I was tagged for the 10 Random Facts about Me by Jenn. Here it goes...of course..once I was tagged I couldn't think of anything to put down about myself. Apparently, I don't find myself too interesting! :)

1. I get lost all the time. Is it any wonder I enjoy the show Lost? They are lost and don't know how to get home...I can relate...except for the plane crash and being with strangers...and if I do stop for directions why does no man look like Sawyer????

2. I listen to the same songs over and over again which drives the people around my crazy! Of course, I am happy so I just sing and turn up the volume. Many apologies to my younger brother for the whole Edie Birkell phase in 1989-1990...I am not sure he has quite recovered.

3. Reading is my hobby. I read very fast and well over a 100 books per year. If I ever played and won the lottery, I would like to build a library and name it after my parents.

4. I think and believe my nieces and nephews are the most wonderful people on the planet. I am completely awed by their talents, kindness and inner goodness. They inspire me to be a better person. They are twenty of the greatest people I know. :)

5. Everytime I am asked to be a godmother I am completely humbled. Why me? How do I deserve such a honor? They make my heart fill with joy...my 5 godchildren are very special to me. Michael, Caleb, Jack, Allison and Colin...you are such treasures.

6. I said never ever never to my husband when on a date he asked me to homeschool our children. He has yet to say, "I told you so, dear."

7. I met my husband for the first time in April 1991. He is a friend of my brother from high school. They played soccer together. I saw him play soccer and didn't even know him.
I was reintroduced to my husband on December 30,1993. I told him that night we were getting married and he agreed. We knew...it was perfect!

8. Watch out...I get very crabby if I don't see the previews at the movie theatre. I would rather skip the movie than be late for the previews.

9. I have a very loud laugh. Truly...my friends heard my laugh when they were entering St. Peters Basilica (ok..the priest was very funny in Confession) and other friends heard me a whole train car away while we were traveling from Paris to Vienna. My brother heard my laugh over the surf in Newport Beach, CA. sigh...there is just so much to laugh and talk about in this world.

10. When I am over tired I get afraid to fall asleep. My husband rubs my back and hair to comfort me and sits with me while I drift off...he makes me feel safe and loved.

I think everyone else has been tagged...if not...please share...I always like to learn more about people. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home