Adoption Update
We are nearing the end of our paperwork for the adoption agency here in IL. We only have ONE more piece of paper to deliver to our adoption counselor. We sent off a pack of pictures, our passportinfo. and visa updated info. to our other agency today. We are hoping and praying to complete all paperwork by October 31st.
Once this is completed, the next step is to compile our paperwork for our dossier. The dossier is needed to obtain a referral (this is when you are given details on the sex and birth of your child) and to complete the adoption once your referral is accepted.
I am getting impatient which I soon spread throughout the house. Goodness knows Hup bears the brunt of it. I am clinging to a paragraph in an article written by my new favorite author, Karen Edmisten.
"We see five kids, or six...or seven. Maybe one on the way. And we know. That's a good Catholic family. And they are certainly are. Their openness to life is an apparent and beautiful witness. But what of those families whose children number only one, two, or three?
Are we to surmise anything about them?"
I cut this out and taped it to my computer. These words speak to me more than any saint's writing b/c they come from a mother's heart which somehow knows my own.
Once this is completed, the next step is to compile our paperwork for our dossier. The dossier is needed to obtain a referral (this is when you are given details on the sex and birth of your child) and to complete the adoption once your referral is accepted.
I am getting impatient which I soon spread throughout the house. Goodness knows Hup bears the brunt of it. I am clinging to a paragraph in an article written by my new favorite author, Karen Edmisten.
"We see five kids, or six...or seven. Maybe one on the way. And we know. That's a good Catholic family. And they are certainly are. Their openness to life is an apparent and beautiful witness. But what of those families whose children number only one, two, or three?
Are we to surmise anything about them?"
I cut this out and taped it to my computer. These words speak to me more than any saint's writing b/c they come from a mother's heart which somehow knows my own.

2 Comments:
Jenn,
I found the article via her blog. I simply can't get enough of her writings...they are always at the exact moment I need to hear something about faith and family. She is a gem!!
By
Mb, at 10:52 PM
Oh ... now you've got me in tears here ...
Thank you both so much for the very kind words. Blessings to you both, and to your "good Catholic families." ;-)
Mb, cannot wait to hear your good news when your new little one arrives!
By
Karen Edmisten , at 7:53 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home