Held Together

Monday, September 25, 2006

Novenas

The novena to St. Francis of Assisi begins today. I love him very much. His spirituality has helped to shape my life~ most especially my college years, dating Hup, our marriage and my parenting.

Everyday after lunch in 8th grade, Sr. Mary, would lead us in the prayer of St. Francis. I can still remember the rush after lunchtime of getting your coat off, slamming lockers and packing up for afternoon classes. Then would come the quiet moment when we would come together as class and pray for ourselves, our families and our school. Wow...20 years ago that was...at 12:55 everyday. Funny, the things you remember? What will Boo remember of his early life?

St. Francis and St. Clare, pray for us.

Sr. Mary Helen, pray for us.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I wish I had seen this reminder sooner! I should have begun this nine days ago!

    By Blogger Alice Gunther, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home